Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Post Apocalyptic Pictures

Millenarianism fascinates me. Sine Nomine publishes Stars Without Number, undoubtedly one of my favorite science fiction RPG's. So I'm confident Sine Nomine's upcoming post-apocalyptic Other Dust will impress.


When I hear "Post/Apocalyptic" I first think of Revelation, Cormac McCarthy's The Road, or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead. But for whatever reason, I also picture ruined barns and ruined boats; images I find oddly alluring. I'm sure this reflects the time I've spent in south shore Ma and in upstate Ny. So I've done some scrounging to find the images that speak to my end-of-times nightmares.

This image is just one of many midwestern 'abandoned places' photographs Tau Zero features:


This one is perhaps my favorite photograph from Tau Zero:


This last one isn't anywhere near me either, but it gets the idea across. Find it with the rest of it's gallery at I09.

No comments:

Post a Comment