Thursday, November 10, 2011

Credit Where Credit is Deserved

I dabble. I'm a dabbler. Vornhein: The Complete City Kit has been a go-to source of mine for a while, even though I generally prefer storytelling Sci-fi games. The presentation and tables in Vornheim are inspiring. As are the tables and the concept of "tagging" in Stars Without Number. These games have been a huge inspiration on my campaign as well as the tables I've presented in the previous posts.

It should be mentioned that the playtest draft of Humanspace Empires has offered the most fun I think I've had with a group in ages. It should also be mentioned that I'm a complete newcomer to Tekumel. The only Tekumel I've read about is from this very game, and so perhaps my vision of the setting is slightly colored by inexperience. For better or for worse. But I should underlie, ones lack of experience with the setting will NOT tarnish the fun factor.

Why am I using Xplorers? I love the open-ended yet simple system that demands more "in character moments" than dice rolls. I also love the potential for customization. Elegant. But I recommend any and all of these games/ kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment