Thursday, November 10, 2011

Where is Rusty Station?

In space of course. What is Rusty Station? Well the short answer is, "a science fiction megadungeon." What is a "spanner?" A wrench. I have always enjoyed dungeons, whether playing them or running them. But I've never had any experience with a megadungeon before. Sure, I've read about them. The head chef at my workplace teaches tai chi, and he was kind enough to lend me some of his books on the subject. When I thanked him, he said (quoting his own teacher) "read all you want and you'll make an excellent armchair-martial artist." The point being, nothing beats doing. So thats the short of it. I'm going to develop a massive space-station megadungeon and post the good stuff here. But this project is really an experiment, I have no idea how it's going to end up. Exciting?

1 comment:

  1. So we were thinking about a house rule for this futuristic setting. The D20 is rolled twice, and a number is taken from that, in the form of years. So if you roll a 12 and a 19, you put the highest result in front and read it as a number value 1912. Then you add that many years to the current year, so 2011+1912=year 3922.

    The max number would of course be 2020. This would be a full millennium in the future.

    ReplyDelete